Thursday, November 21, 2019

THING TO WEAR EXHIBITION

Thing to Wear Exhibition at Alberta University of the Arts, Illingworth Kerr Gallery

I spent an hour this afternoon attending the gallery tour led by Bill Morton and Jolie Bird. What an inspirational exhibition about Kimonos.  There were not only some amazing Kimonos made by both Bill and Jolie, but also some also made by students who had taken classes with Bill over the years.

Shibori, dyed with indigo

A wedding Kimono

Eco dyed


This one was paper made from abaca and blue jeans, by Barbara Sutherland

I was fortunate to have taken a class with Bill, making stencils, so I know how astoundingly detailed and difficult these ones are.  I am in awe!


 If you are in Calgary and able to see this exhibition, I absolutely thoroughly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment