Monday, April 20, 2009


Last Friday we went down to the steps at one end of the Corniche where the fishermen lay their fish out to sell. If you go early enough you see them taking the fish from the nets. We went down late by the usual standards, if you are not there before 8 am, you have missed the boat for the freshest fish, although you can actually buy fish all day, every day. However, it is out in the sun and probably wouldn't be too good later in the day.



Most of the fish I dont recognize and I went on the web to look up their names, and I still dont know them. However, I went for lunch at the Golf club yesterday and had Hamour, which was a very white fish, and was about an inch deep and the meat just fell away in strands. It was really good and will have to be more adventurous in trying the local fish.



Well, I recognize the squid in this batch, but that is the only one and I haven't been able to find the name of the colourful fish yet. There is a big fish shop at the back of the meat section in Carrefour and I am told all the fish are labeled, so I will have to go and take a photograph of them! There is a fish restaurant I hope we will go to soon, where you take your purchase from the fisherman early in the day and you go back at night when they will serve you your fish beautifully cooked.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: