Tuesday, June 10, 2014

MODULE 1 - CHAPTER 8

COMPLEX SAMPLES

1. The machine embroidery I did in a hoop, but there is still a little buckling


2. I really like the simplicity of this and I think that doing the machine embroidery following the interior of the design is quite effective.

3. Next time I will do a double line of stitching, not cut so close to the stitching and use less stuffing material. I burst the seams with the over stuffing and had to do some repairing of the burst seams.  I like the general design though, using the same shape, once with stitching and then using trapunto for the other shape.




4. This time I used two similar but different shapes in machine embroidery and then bonded the top silk layer.   


5. I tried some more trapunto, this time I used much less stuffing and mostly used it in the main areas, the smaller areas were quite a bit more tricky to manouver.  There was some residual wonder under on the silk, so took some separating to make that work, resulting in cutting through the top layer.  So many things to think of.  The design on the bottom could have been slightly larger and the top design could have been better centred


6. This time I wanted to see how it would work with just layers of machine embroidery and whether it would be enough to show that there are different layers.  I think it worked quite well.  Either more or less dense machine embroidery would change the effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment