Tuesday, June 10, 2014

MODULE 1 - CHAPTER 9

REVERSE APPLIQUE - TRADITIONAL AND CONTEMPORARY METHODS


TRADITIONAL METHOD:


1. I always enjoy hand stitching, although it is slow, there seems to be always so much more control

CONTEMPORARY METHODS USING MACHINE STITCHING



2. Cutting on inside of stitching - starting from outside in. This is a bit like map reading for me, I have to read the instructions multiple times to make sure I am getting it right


3. This one I started off on the wrong track - I got confused with cutting inside or outside stitching. I ended up doing an extra row.  I quite like the red cross in the middle, a happy accident.  Then  I got it right and cut outside the stitching, starting from the inside.  These accidents do show the way to other possibilities!

MULTI-COLOURED RIPPLE OR CONTOUR EFFECT



4. This is definitely a "learning" piece. I cut through too many layers, but it made me much more careful for the remaining cuts.  My mistaken slash could be used as a surface design tool in the right circumstances




5. I tried using more haphazzard layers of fabric and at different angles.  I can see using lots more small pieces of fabric would have various different effects depending how much you cut away











No comments:

Post a Comment