Tuesday, May 6, 2014

MODULE 1 - CHAPTER 5

FABRIC SELECTION AND DECORATION



I used a mixture of cottons, organzas, silk and unknown manmade fibre.  When it came to doing the stamping, I used the same stamp throughout, but tried to vary the methods of use. I tried random stamping, leaving gaps between them, then leaving no gaps, turning the shape at different angles and printing adjacent but turning the stamp 90 degrees.  I also played around with the paint, using the same green and red acrylic as before, but this time adding green transference paint to the green to give it a bit of a sheen when looking at different angles and using a warm gold with the red.  I added fabric medium so that the hand of the fabric would remain softer than using just acrylic paint.  Also the fabric would remain colourfast after it had been ironed to set the colours.  I changed the pressure of stamping at times and at others printed two or three times without reloading the stamp.  It was interesting to see that this was much more successful on fabric, and the paint went a lot further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment