Monday, April 14, 2014

MODULE 1, Chapter 3 (part 2)

DESIGN SHEET A


 
(i )Counterchange
(ii) Positive and Negative
 
I can see lots of possibilities with these crosses, but started to get bogged down very quickly, trying to do the exercises using them all. 


(iii) Symmetry
(iv) Asymmetry
(v) Perspective Distortion
(vi) Distortion into Shapes
(vii) Repeat Pattern
 
I had never used pantyhose before to stretch the shapes.  I found it a lot harder than it sounded.  I tried stretching them in an embroidery hoop, then pinning it onto a wooden embroidery frame, but I found the best way was to tape it onto the table.  I found I had more control this way. I expect practice will make perfect, but so far, I found it surprisingly difficult.
 

(vii) Alternate Repeat Pattern using Distored Shape
I really like this distorted shape - and can see some possibilities with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment