Monday, April 14, 2014

MODULE 1 - Chapter 3 (part 1)

UPDATE -

I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted and how long it has taken me to complete Chapter 3.  In between, we had a trip to Palm Springs which helped a bit in alleviating this unbelievably long and awful winter.
It is hard to believe that just a month ago - this was the view from out little house and we were swimming and almost too hot!
 

 
We came back to this - quite amazing icicles, which are very unusual - something to do with the warming and cooling.
 
Although I have not posted for a while, that does not mean I have been doing nothing.  It took me a long time to cut out all the little pieces.  I started off working with four difference cross shapes but began to realize that I had to focus or I would never get beyond this first module, so have made lots of notes, so I can come back and play with some different designs when time allows.
 
 
While in Palm Springs, there seemed to be crosses everywhere I looked - so I decided to start a separate "crosses" sketchbook to go along with a previous line one and a colour one.  Then there are the binders with pictures of oceans and beaches, trees and leaves etc. etc. etc.
 
I also have almost finished my sixth piece in a series on Sacred Geometry, hopefully in time to submit it to the World of Threads.  I don't know if they will accept it, but it is worth a try.  Also I have been working on the Hawaiian quilt. My son and his girlfriend bought me the pattern back from one of their trips there.  It has been languishing for a while until I received more than the usual prodding from the pair and offers of help with the hand applique.  I have been really enjoying our time stitching and talking together and remember how and why the quilting bees of past were so important in building a sense of community among the women. Our peaceful time stitching together reminds me of washing up with my mother - always a good time to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment