Monday, April 28, 2014

MODULE 1 - Chapter 4 (part 1)

CUT AND FOLD DESIGN SHAPES IN BLACK PAPER
SYMMETRICAL SHAPES:

I really enjoyed these exercises.  I think it is because I really like the high contrast using black and white, they seem spare and elegant.  I know I once cut out lots of pictures from home magazines to figure out what kind of colour schemes I like for a living room and I always went for light and pale coloured rooms but they always had a punch of something dramatic, either black or very bright cushions or some high contrast focal point.  I !could have gone on cutting these shapes for ever!




 
For all these exercises I basically used three different designs, the usual cross design from a Ukranian embroidery in Winnipeg, a portion of that design that I had previously used as a stamp and another fairly simple cross design taken from a headstone in the Banff townsite cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment