Monday, April 14, 2014

MODULE Chapter 3 (part 4)

DESIGN SHEET C
(i) Complex Counterchange
(ii) Divide and Separate
(iii) Symmetrical Design with New Design Unit
(iv) Interlaced Repeat
(v) Rotating Symmetry
(vi) Negative Shape
(vii) New Shape
 
The further along I got, I started to work a lot smaller as the shapes were simpler.  I also ended up painting more papers, then more and more.  I became much more free with the painting and the papers became more interesting and less muddy.  I have a lot of tissue paper left over as I found they didn't work very well for complex designs and the glue I was using.  Also, there was surprisingly little difference in the look.  I used tissue paper in the alternate pattern in Design Sheet A. I will have to experiment with different glues to see what will work better on tissue paper, and avoid tearing it, as it could make interesting layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment