Saturday, May 9, 2009


Here are a few pictures of the outside of the Museum of Islamic Art. There is a picture of the actual building on my very first blog. This is a picture of the outside courtyard on the way to the education wing and library. It is a wonderfuly calm place, full of water and there are some simple fountains just out of the picture. You can see a view of the West Bay area through the arches. The ball is made of branches either bleached in the sun or washed up on the beach. I have more closeups I may put up on another day. It is a very tranquil place on a hot day.



This area is the actual corridor leading to the other wing. To the left, through the arches is the courtyard in the picture above. How do they get the trees to grow exactly the same? It would have made a better picture at a slightly different angle, but the man on duty was at the end of the trees and a lady was sitting in the arches to the right looking through the arches to the left and she was right in my picture. She looked so peaceful, she didn't look like she was going to move any time soon! I will try another photo another day.



This is the path leading up to the entrance of the museum. To the left of this are similar steps, but water running down them and to the left of that is another row of palm trees like this. This is my oasis in the city. Any time I want my artistic fix, and tranquility - this is where you are likely going to find me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment